Portable audio recording
MultiTrack DAW is a powerful audio recorder and audio editor for the iPhone and iPad. It provides up to 32 stereo tracks of better than CD quality audio, and the ability to playback all of those tracks while recording up to 16 tracks simultaneously. MultiTrack also provides a suite of editing tools at your fingertips.
Previously only available to professionals with deep pockets or lots of studio space, MultiTrack DAW goes way beyond what you thought was possible in a portable recording application.
A massive number of tracks
An incredible 32 stereo tracks at the same time, each with up to 32 bit floating point 96 kHz sound*
Use the built-in Wi-Fi server, or any of the sharing options, to easily transfer audio files, mixdowns, and projects.
Fully rendered waveforms
Zoom into a waveform, to really see what's happening in a sound. The waveform rendering uses background processes, so never slows down the UI.
Easy to use
Forget those other over-priced, over-complex, resource hungry daw's on the app store. The power and simplicity of MultiTrack DAW will help keep you in the creative zone.
* 88 and 96 kHz formats require an external audio interface
MultiTrack DAW 6.2
Jan 15, 2022 MultiTrack DAW 6.2 is now available on the App Store!
Microphones and Interfaces
Check out some compatible Microphones and Interfaces here.
- Up to 32 tracks, with stereo or mono Regions
- Non-linear, non-destructive editing
- Fader, pan, mute and solo for each track
- Record up to 16 tracks at the same time, with any USB hardware supported by iOS
- Built-in per track EQ and Compressor
- Built-in Bus FX include a sweet Reverb and flexible Delay
- Mastering Section includes built-in EQ and Compressor
- AudioUnits (AUv3) and Inter-App Audio (IAA) support for effects, generators, and instruments
- AU/IAA chains of up to 4 units can be added to each track, Master, or 2 Effects Busses
- Sidechain support for AudioUnits
- Per-Region volume, fade in/out
- Vertical dragging of Region(s) between tracks
- Realtime monitoring of editing/moving Regions, start/stop/fadein/fadeout/volume, during playback
- 'Pin' plugins to the screen on iPad, restores position on song open
- Track Freeze - for reducing CPU
- Looping with the Loop Markers
- Loop recording - with continuous overwriting, then undo.
- Audiobus 3.0 support, with state saving
- Copy and Paste to and from other apps
- "Open In..." to and from other apps
- Undo and Redo for track modifications
- Metronome - from 40 to 240 bpm
- Time Signatures - various musical time signatures
- Audio Browser previews raw audio files
- Bounce by copying multiple regions and pasting
- Ruler - shows where you are in the song, displays Bars/Beats or Seconds.
- Snap - snaps the timebar to ruler lines (change the zoom to snap to any subdivision)
- New Hotbox control for fast workflow
- Punch in/out - automatically starts and stops recording
- Auto Input - allows monitoring the track underneath until punch points
- Input and Output faders
- 64 bit precision used internally
- Hand optimized in assembly for ARM NEON for best possible performance
- Multi-touch pinch/zoom support
- VU meters for each track (fast reacting, low latency)
- Selectable input monitoring
- User selectable buffer size, with latency compensation for perfectly synced recordings
- Animated popup controls
- In-app help always grabs the latest help file from web
- iPad native support for any screen size
- iTunes File Sharing and Finder access
- Files browser and Music Library import
- Wav, flac, alac, aac, ogg, and mp3 compression for export of audio files
- Export tracks as Stems to a folder, or a multi-channel wav file